The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We are looking to recruit an experienced well motivated Maintenance Engineer with the ability to problem solve, fault find and repair machinery. Candidates should be time served and suitably qualified preferably with experience in a manufacturing environment. A safety conscious attitude and the ability to work on their own initiative is essential. Mechanical Maintenance required. Hydraulics & Pneumatics experience desirable PLC experience desirable. CMMS experience desirable. The duties will include both preventative and reactive maintenance.
To perform a variety of operational functions that constitutes the general maintenance and repair to machinery, buildings and grounds. To ensure that all breakdowns are dealt with promptly and efficiently whilst ensuring that all maintenance schedules are maintained, working on a range of automated plant including hydraulic & pneumatics systems. To aid in the development of machinery.
- Making sure machinery and equipment runs smoothly
- Routine plant and equipment maintenance
- Plant/equipment installation
- Servicing and repair of plant and equipment
- Undertake the completion of planned preventative maintenance schedule and undertake the inspection and ‘hands on’ servicing and repair of plant and equipment.
- Implement and monitor work schedules consistent with the needs of the plant, special projects and preventative maintenance programs.
- Troubleshoot equipment faults on site and repair equipment without causing extended equipment downtime.
- Advise the managers and staff on the correct operation of plant and machinery including undertaking daily plant and machinery checks in accordance with company procedures and site working plan
- Work to timescales and deadlines as provided by the Site Services Manager.
- Carry out any repairs to plant, equipment and property as directed by the Site Services Manager.
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and is compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and all other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain high levels of tidiness and housekeeping in the working areas where maintenance work is undertaken.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with policies, procedures and work instructions.
- To train staff on routine maintenance and cleaning of plant.
- To give routine updates to the Site Services Manager on the status of plant and equipment in terms of suitability, condition, repairs, updating etc.
- Demonstrates ability to meet on specific assignments within a reasonable time, depending on the degree of difficulty of their job functions.
- To work effectively, courteously and build good relationships with production team members and other personnel.
- To identify opportunities for improvement.
- To bring to the Site Services Managers attention, anything that may prohibit them from carrying out their duties.
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Industrial Equipment
- Work under pressure
- High-level problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and willingness to be involved in all aspects of the job
- Methodical and dependable
- Good interpersonal skills
- Possess a flexible approach to working
Qualifications & Experience:
- NVQ or City & Guilds – Mechanical qualification
- A demonstrable period of plant maintenance experience
- Knowledge of CMMS systems knowledge
- An understanding of the relevant legislation and statutory obligations relating to the operation of plant and equipment
- Knowledge of H&S issues with heavy plant & machinery
A competitive salary package
Hours of work are a weekly rotating shift pattern consisting of three shifts as follows:
• Shift 1 - Days: 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute paid break (40 hours paid)
• Shift 2 - Mornings: 6.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute paid break (40 hours paid)
• Shift 3 - Afternoons: 2.00pm to 10.30pm Monday to Thursday with a 30-minute paid break and 2.00pm to 7.45pm on Friday with a 15-minute paid break during the shift (40 hours paid)
33 days holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
Free Gym Membership
Free onsite parking
Cycle to Work Scheme (on completion of probationary period)
Death in Service Benefit
Opportunities for training, progression and career development
Free drinks/fresh fruit
This is a critical postion, and an excellent opportunity to join a global organisation which values its employees.
Please apply now via the company's dedicated recruitment portal.