Customer Service Assistant
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT - Weston Super Mare
This role is Full time and the successful candidate will undertake planned on the job training and formal structured learning. As part of an established team you will take over some of the less complex accounts ensuring your designated customers receive outstanding service once you have had training. You must be an excellent communicator and be able to work alone and as part of a team. You must also be able to meet targets whilst remaining calm and pragmatic in a busy job.
The ideal candidate must be willing to learn and adapt to the changes across the business and build relationships across departments to ensure a smooth customer experience for clients where we meet and exceed the customer’s expectations.
If you would like an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Becci Green, Planning and Customer Service Manager Smurfit Kappa Weston super Mare
CLOSING DATE: September 23rd, 2022
- Willingness to Learn
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Polite and Tactful
- Educated to GCSE with passes in English Language and Maths
- Good time keeping
- Ability to manage own work and time
- Empathy and willingness to work together with colleagues and customers to exceed customer expectations
- To liaise with various departments including planning, transport and External Sales to ensure customer requirements are met
- Process orders, amendments and cancellations in a timely and efficient manner whilst keeping customers fully informed
- To ensure all relevant procedures under ISO9001-2015 & other site accreditations are adhered to
- Processing of customer quality complaints escalating when necessary
- Responsible for maintaining agreed stock levels where applicable and keeping check of aged stocks
- Processing of customer artwork briefs up to customer approval of artwork
- Measuring & monitoring of customer OTIF (On Time In Full), feeding back to relevant personnel
On the job training leading to an accredited qualification
25 days Annual Leave plus Public Holidays
Death in Service benefits
Employee Assistance Programme
If you are passionate about making a difference to our customers and working for a brilliant company who are part of a large multi-national organisation but with a local heart then we would like to hear from you. We are keen to hear from people with or without customer service experience and can provide the support and training so that you succeed, growing in this role to achieve your development and career goals.