The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
This role is Full time. The successful candidate will need to be able to work flexibly and will be part of the Production Planning Team, with responsibility for the planning and scheduling of the entire production operation of the Weston super Mare site. This entails selecting orders to be scheduled; planning the conversion operations; deckling these orders then sequencing the corrugator, communicating the plan, whilst constantly monitoring, revising, and re-communicating ensuring efficient production to meet customer expectations.
The ideal candidate must be willing to learn, adapt to the changes across the business and build relationships across departments and externally to ensure a smooth customer experience where we meet and exceed the customer’s expectations. You will also be an excellent communicator both written and verbal as well as having competent IT skills with a high level of computer literacy.
Key elements of the role involve:
- Schedule and optimize production throughput.
- Adapts the planning process to prevailing sales and production climates to maintain excellent service to customers.
- Accurately and speedily prepares clear, meaningful, and unambiguous product documentation. Ensuring efficient production whilst meeting customer demands.
- Reads, understands, and communicates forward load and advises shift managers of required manning levels.
- Selects, orders and schedules conversion machines.
- Combines orders (deckle) to maximise corrugator output.
- Schedule corrugator and conversion plan to minimize waste, set up time and machine waiting time.
- Contribute and involvement to the site “Zero Loss” continues improvement plan
- Forecast demand and maintain paper stocks to within agreed parameters, whilst ensuring continuity of supply.
- Continually strives to improve systems to ensure efficient running of the department.
- Ensures that conversion planning is such that all machines are maximised.
- Ensures that Sales Support and Despatch are kept aware of any failure to meet customer deadlines.
- Maintains and adjusts all schedules including corrugator plan.
25 days Annual Leave plus 8 Public Holidays
Lifeworks Employee Assistance Programme
Cycle to Work Scheme
This is a pivotal role in Smurfit Kappa Weston super Mare working in a close knit team. We are committed as a company to developing our colleagues ensuring they meet their career development goals.