HR Officer (Maternity Cover)
Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. We collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in our markets. We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper‐based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market‐leading innovations.
Smurfit Kappa Sheetfeeding are one of the UK’s largest producers of corrugated packaging for the Trade. We have a vision of being recognised as market leaders by our customers who describe us as indispensable. Customer service and quality are placed at the heart of how we run our business.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an HR Officer to join their Sheetfeeding Division based in Norwich. The HR Officer will work closely with the Divisional HR Manager to deliver a full and effective HR service. Key duties include;
- Working with the leadership team to implement the value adding HR strategies identified in their strategic plan, building strong relationships with key business partners.
- Being the first point of contact across the division for all colleague related matters including recruitment, investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings, performance, absence and change management discussions.
- Actively contributing to HR projects across the division including; Engagement Leadership, Communications and Wellbeing.
- Develop and implement training & development plans in line with business priorities evaluating effectiveness and sharing learning as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the divisions apprentice training framework, working in conjunction with the appropriate functional leads, UK framework and education providers.
Successful candidates will be CIPD qualified and able to demonstrate;
- HR business partnering experience
- Experience of operating in a unionised environment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills at all levels within the business.
- An ability to influence and persuade others.
- Tenacity and ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- An ability to work independently and use initiative as well as being a good team player.
- High quality administration skills including proficient IT skills in word, excel, outlook and other in-house database systems.
If you would like to apply for this position, please click on the below link and follow the online application process.
For internal applicants it is essential that you ensure that your line manager is aware of your desire to be considered for this role.