Multiskilled Weekend Maintenance Engineer (Witney)
Multiskilled Maintenance Engineer – Windrush (Weekend Team)
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Shift Engineer to play in key part in supporting our operations teams to deliver consistently high quality products to our customers and whilst improving operational effectiveness.
The Role & Key Responsibilities
The role will be a weekend position plus two working days in the week. A reasonable level of overtime and flexibility is needed to cover the business needs.
The position currently reports to the Engineering Manager and you must be able to work by yourself as well as part of a team.
The role will be working on the plant at weekend shut downs carrying out repairs, scheduled part replacement, improvement projects and preventative maintenance
The ideal candidate will need to be multi-skilled, from a manufacturing industry background with experience of fault finding on electrical components, PLC’s, inverters and drives, and/or mechanical maintenance skills. You will be involved in continuous improvement projects, as well as being part of the plants asset care teams
Applicants must have an appreciation of and commitment to workplace safety and health and safety improvement. Candidates must be able to work accurately and have good communication skills. The successful person should be enthusiastic and able to work independently and as part of a team.
Qualifications & experience
- ONC/HNC in Electrical/Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Thorough practical knowledge and experience in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- A sound working knowledge of Maintenance techniques associated with autonomous, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Good Knowledge of computer packages such as word and excel
- Good Knowledge of PLC programs including Allen Bradley & Siemens desirable
- Previous experience working in a highly automated manufacturing environment
Applicants should click on the Apply Now button on the right and follow the on-line application process.
The closing date for applications is 20th January 2020.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this vacancy please contact Richard Green, Engineering Manager.
For internal applicants it is essential that you ensure that your line manager is aware of your desire to be considered for this role.