The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Are you looking to join a place of work where people are at the heart of the organisation, value diversity & inclusiveness, and encourage people to feel free to be themselves and succeed?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join the team! Working within a production environment our engineers are responsible for providing engineering support to the department and identifying any necessary parts & kits for the repairs, improving the reliability and functionality of all Plant & Machinery within the area of the Business.
This role will allow you to develop your innovation and technical skills to implement permanent fixes underpinning high performance. You will work alongside another Electrical Engineering to provide planned and reactive maintenance on the production lines and plant equipment. You will be electrically Bias but willing to deal will mechanical issues as well, working in a fast-paced environment ensuring you work with production to prioritise breakdowns.
Day-to-Day Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identification and recovery of fault situations on machinery.
- Provide electro/mechanical support for both direct production equipment and services including plant ancillaries.
- Adherence to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Procure spare parts.
- Liaise/work with Sub Contractors/ Service Engineers.
- In conjunction with Dept Team Leader and Safety Coordinator complete project work.
- Assisting with Plant upgrades and installations.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- Must have relevant trade qualification Electrical or Electro/ Mechanical with experience within the manufacturing industry or FMCG sectors.
- General industrial experience.
- Knowledge of machine control systems.
- Team working.
- Organisational skills.
- Spare parts and service procurement in the absence of the dept Team leader
- Basic computer skills
Key Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Practical and Knowledgeable in maintenance engineering
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Target driven
- Willingness to learn
- Interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Adaptable and flexible
Salary Up to £40,000 per annum
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge as an Engineer within a fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you. Please attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of 28th September. Candidates will be contacted within a week of the closing date.