Smurfit Kappa are one of the UK's largest producers of corrugated packaging for the trade. We have a vision of becoming an indispensable partner to our customers delivered through operational excellence and a highly engaged workforce. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a NPD Co-ordinator to join our team based at our Stalybridge site.
We are looking for a NPD Co-ordinator to join our Commercial and BDU team. The role is responsible for the administration and development of new corrugated products for both existing and prospective customers. Ensuring that the most efficient and cost effective manufacturing routes are utilised.
- To receive enquiries from existing and potential new customers and prepare appropriate quotation package, liaising both with sales team and customer to ensure their needs are fully understood and reflected in our offer.
- To visit and liaise with potential new customers to ensure the smooth handling of potential accounts.
- To use IT skills to best advantage of the business. Regular interaction with IT department to facilitate this action.
- To play a major role in involving and co-ordinating all interested parties and activities in the trial order process.
- To liaise with sales team, customer and suppliers to ensure timely receipt of origination to ensure the optimum recovery of the relevant costs. To ensure that all information issued to factory is correct to requirements of pre-order system and that the opportunity has been taken to maximise the best factory routing.
- To scrutinize customer orders to ensure alignment with commercial agreements.
- To administer key business development accounts to the point of secure absorption into the business.
A successful applicant would need to demonstrate:
- A proven track record in administrating work/business of a complex nature
- Commercial acumen
- Communication skills
- Must have an eye for detail and take advantage of all commercial opportunities
- Must be able to prioritise workload
- The job holder should have the knowledge of corrugated designs, styles and materials used.
- The job holder must have an excellent knowledge of factory capabilities and systems.
- Good understanding needed of our complex product range and methods of manufacture.
In return, our client offers:
- Competitve salary
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Pension Scheme
Applicants should click on the Apply Now button on the right and follow the on-line application process
The closing date for applications is 26th March 2021
Salary per month Competitive
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Smurfit Kappa, Knowl Street, Stalybridge, SK15 3AR