Smurfit Kappa are one of the UK's largest producers of corrugated packaging for the trade. We have a vision of becoming an indispensable partner to our customers delivered through operational excellence and a highly engaged workforce.
HR Manager - Tannochside
With around 46,000 employees across 35 countries, our client is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, and a publicly listed company in both Dublin and London. Its mission is to deliver customer satisfaction, personal development for employees, respect for the local community and environment and great shareholder value, all through its highly entrepreneurial culture.
This company is a world leader in paper based packaging and is the European leader in containerboard, solid board, corrugated and solid board packaging. The organisation strives to be a customer orientated, market led company which satisfies the personal development of its employees.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a generalist HR Manager to join the team at our Tannochside site and cover all HR & Training and Development. Reporting to the General Manager and working as part of the site leadership team this role provides a real opportunity to progress your career in a highly successful and innovative business.
The successful candidate will be a strong, pragmatic individual, used to working alone, with a good grounding in the core HR functions including dealing and working with trade unions. They will need to show inherent flexibility and outstanding communication skills as they will be required to provide HR support / advice to different functions across the business.
Together with the above, some of the day to day duties you will be responsible for are as follows:-
- Build strong relationships with key business partners, establish clear accountabilities and ensure that value adding HR activities are delivered, operating as a member of the site leadership team.
- Work with other members of the site leadership team to develop and implement HR strategies to support the delivery of the site’s plans.
- Work with and support the site teams to ensure local processes such as sickness absence monitoring, internal recruitment and training processes are managed efficiently.
- Support the local Leadership teams with their on-site Trade Union and Consultation Forum meetings to ensure healthy communication and an on-going partnership approach between the business and all colleagues
- Provide statistical and other information such as overtime, absence, headcount to site stakeholders to ensure risk areas are identified and to track site performance.
- Ensure the business can attract, motivate, develop and retain great talent, through effective resourcing, training & development, performance management and reward strategies within the operating company.
- Manage organisational change programmes (including re-organisations) in line with best practice (internal/external benchmarks), complying with legal requirements and in line with our company values. Ensuring that new appointments/movers/leavers are set up and announced in a professional and timely fashion.
- Champion the development of a positive high performing culture using Open Leadership as the primary tool.
- Develop relationships and ways of working with the wider UK HR team to develop a best practice approach towards Resourcing, Engagement, Communication & L&D. Using agreed external services providers ensure an added value HR service/agenda is delivered across all client groups on site.
- Act as a coach and source of advice on performance management and individual/team development. Championing individual and team effectiveness via 121s and team meetings.
The successful candidate should be:
- Educated to degree level or qualified by experience
- CIPD qualification preferred
- Considerable HR “business partnering” experience and breadth of insight especially around people
- Experience of operating in a unionised environment ideally in manufacturing
- A strong track record in delivering business change
- Customer focus with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good understanding of employment law and its application
- Have excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Work in an energetic, dynamic and fast-paced environment with a global organisation offering many levels for career progression
- Workplace pension
- 25 days annual leave
Applicants should click on the Apply Now button on the right and follow the on-line application process
The closing date for applications is 1st October 2021
Salary per month Competitive
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Smurfit Kappa Tannochside
Old Edinburgh Road