Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
- Website: smurfitkappa.com/uk
- Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
- Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
Here at Smurfit Kappa Tannochside in Glasgow, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented HSE Manager to join our team. Reporting directly to our Operations Director, our HSE Manager is responsible for leading HSE on site and to develop a safety culture and environmental awareness.
Key job requirements
- Managing, maintaining and developing HSE procedures and standards, ensuring that site regulatory requirements are met.
- Providing HSE guidance and support.
- Developing and promoting near miss and hazard identification.
- Monitor and report on safety and environmental KPI's, presenting performance to the business.
- Providing training, coaching and guidance as required to our colleagues.
- Accident investigation.
- Contractor management relating to HS requirements.
- Administering the Environmental management systems.
- Internal and external auditing
To be successful in our HSE Manager role, candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience in a Safety Management role preferred
- Previous experience in the Packaging industry would be an advantage
- Hold a NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience or working knowledge in ISO14001 Standards is preferred
- Able to act autonomously & lead by example
- A team player, with strong interpersonal and communication skills and willing to help colleagues.
- Organised with a keen attention to detail and strong problem solving ability
- Have experience in a progressive, fast moving manufacturing environment, ideally within the packaging industry.
- Computer literate with experience of MS Office tools & applications
What's on offer...
- 26 days annual leave (plus 7 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (with access to independent financial advice)
- Training & development
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Annual health checks
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge as a HSE Manager within a fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you!