The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Here at Smurfit Kappa Tannochside in Glasgow, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented Product Coordinator to join our team. Reporting directly to our NPD Manager, our Product Coordinator is a key role that collaborates across departments (Design, Sales, On-site Art Worker and Production), responsible for ensuring new developments are produced to the customers’ requirements, from artwork to delivery.
Main Duties of the role:
- Chair the new job meeting and drive the actions from the meeting
- Working with Design / Artwork / Commercial / Production to progress any new artwork / tooling requests for both new and existing customers
- Raise artwork / color requests and work with customer to ensure approval
- Finalise new job documentation and input details into Navision
- Obtain purchase orders and track all new tooling on tracker
- Place the first order on Navision for the newly developed pack
- Liaise with internal departments and the customer to ensure first off orders are in line with customer requirements and expectations
- Organise Press Pass if required with appropriate stakeholders
To be successful in our Product Coordinator role, candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Degree qualified in a Quality related discipline or equivalent experience in graphic, packaging or product design, along with competent design experience.
- An ability to understand the insights behind design
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate initiative
- Be a team player, who can work to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate a persuasive nature
- Passionate, hardworking and well organised, with the power to prioritise and multitask
If this role sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now.
Salary Circa £30k PA DOE + company pension + training opportunities + retail discounts and more....
Closing Date for Applications
Old Edinburgh Road