Trainee Sales Representatives
Trainee Sales Representative
Devon & Cornwall
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
Trainee Sales Representative
The Trainee Sales Representative will be a key point of contact between the company and our customers.
Learning and developing key skills with the support the Sales Director so they are confident in identifying business opportunities, finding prospects, researching, and analysing sales options.
They will strive to maintain excellent working relationships with existing customers and gaining repeat business.
Field Based - working within the Cornwall & Devon area
Key job requirements
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers.
- Develop product sales/customers in our designated region
- Managing both new and existing customer requirements to understand, anticipate and practically meet their needs, whilst spotting potential sales opportunities.
- To self-generate sales leads through networking, referrals, and warm/cold calling.
- Setting up appointments and visiting customers.
- Representing trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations as required.
- Through training and learning provide pre-sales technical expertise and product education to customers.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities.
- Collaborate with team to achieve better results.
- To take personal ownership for the delivery of agreed SMART objectives set within the department.
- To proactively identify and assist the Sales Director and other senior managers to obtain real and sustained, continuous improvement, throughout the business and execute same in a timely manner.
- Will be expected to work closely with other departments to ensure a seamless experience for customers, ensuring realistic expectations from the outset.
- Undertake available training and development for role progression.
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Ability to understand and analyse data
- Good customer service attitude
- Effective organisational skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Regular travel
Qualifications & Experience:
- A good standard of education.
- Full clean driving licence
What's on offer...
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to financial advice)
- Training & development
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
To find out more about the hiring organisation please search for 'Better Planet Packaging Europe'.