Technical Account Manager
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Smurfit Kappa Chesterfield (SKC) is a high-quality producer of printed packaging for wide range of customers within the SKUK Sheet Plant Division.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented Structural Designer or existing Technical Account Manager looking to make their next career step. This important role will be split between our Yorkshire clients and our SKC design studio. This customer facing role of the Technical Account Manager is to work closely with our Key Account Managers and the need to identify, improve & develop the packaging requirements of our key clients. This works best by developing working relationships with the customers, providing design concepts, recommendations & prototype samples. In addition, to assist in the general duties of the design function at Chesterfield and potential cover at clients where required.
During customers busy periods it will be necessary to prioritise workflow to meet their needs & demands and be ready to visit sites at very short notice.
- Develop design work and provide solutions for SKC’s key customers products or their specifications, which are mainly to be run at site.
- Day to day contact with clients and constant communication with SKC commercial, external account managers and internal sales contacts.
- To provide technical assistance & work collaboratively with SKC’s client, staff or management to convert enquires into orders. Spec’s provided to internal teams must be complete and prepared ready to order.
- To operate design software and cutting tables. We are an Esko (Artios) house.
- To maintain all client enquiry information in the drawing/sample database, also to keep the sample register up to date.
- To ensure that drawings and layouts are made available for forme quotations.
- To assist in all related duties as maybe assigned from time to time by the Design Manager.
- Team player who develops and maintains positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail and work standard with the ability to work to tight deadlines and multiple projects running at the same time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and judgement of communication methods applicable to individual circumstances.
- Experience of working in a structural design discipline and/or 3+ years’ experience of working in a similar role.
- Proficiency in Esko Artios or previous experience in working with CAD software.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft 365 (Teams, Excel)
- Attractive salary package.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Employee Assistance Programme for employee and immediate family.
- Training, development & progression opportunities.