Smurfit Kappa Beacon - Aldershot
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company that...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
- Website: smurfitkappa.com/uk
- Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
- Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and forward-looking logistics professional to join our Aldershot site and be responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the Logistics Department, its staff, contractors and visitors, as well as driving continuous improvements to maximise efficiencies.
Key job requirements
- As nominated transport manager you will be required to ensure full legal compliance within the aspects of the sites' two operators’ licences (Aldershot-based and cooperating with Gosport site)
- Full responsibility for maintaining fleet replacement of both trucks and trailers, ensuring capex requirements are submitted on time and negotiating with suppliers to effectively place orders in time for replacement of expiring leases, ensuring the best prices and service
- Ensuring repair and maintenance contracts for the fleet are managed on a cost-effective basis always ensuring full legal compliance
- Management of the fleet’s tyres within the agreed contract with a national supplier (approx. 208 tyres)
- Maintaining accurate data records in line with legal requirements for the following areas: Driver CPC / refresher records, licence management, Tachograph records, drivers’ hours, calibration, driver defect recording system, working time directive, maintenance forward planning, MOT pass rates, condition, and roadworthiness of vehicles & prohibition history.
- Ensuring full use of FTA Vision and Licence bureau to maintain records and ensure driver and vehicle compliance, ensuring all vehicle accidents are fully reported and investigated
- Managing the transport operation for the Gosport site, including arranging holiday cover for driver and replacement vehicles, when theirs are in workshops, routing of all their external work and pricing for all jobs out of area.
- Buying of bulk fuel and ensuring best pricing from multiple supplier’s whist monitoring and maintaining sufficient fuel stocks for the operation
- Supervising warehouse finished good stock check quarterly to ensure full compliance with the company's policy
- Team management, including appraisals and staff performance, training requirements, holiding regular team meetings and ensuring that all staff provide the expected service levels
To be successful in this role you will need good geographical knowledge of southern England and the ability to route up to 16 vehicles per day with 140+ drops to ensure on-time deliveries to exceed our customers’ expectations whilst maintaining the most cost-efficient routing and use of the fleet. Also, a national Transport Manager CPC licence is a requirement for this role, along with previous experience within distribution management, warehouse management and transport fleet.
What's on offer...
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice)
- Training & development
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance Programme - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Regular health assessments (role dependent)
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.