Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
- Work with the Sales Director to develop and deliver a business development strategy that supports business growth and our sustainability strategy.
- Lead the development of new product sales in our designated region.
- Maintain and develop existing customers, as required, to optimise service, business growth and customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities to create new income streams, and report on market/competitor threats.
- Produce regular reports on business development performance analysis.
- Research, analyse and regularly maintain a register of potential opportunities using appropriate tools (i.e., CRM).
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Actively involved in the planning and presenting of tender documents.
- To build up intelligence and data relating to our target market(s).
- Working closely with operations to ensure services/new business opportunities develop in line with their strategic plans.
- Collaborating with Design/Technical on new production development opportunities.
- Ensure effective communication networks are maintained.
- To promote the company positively.
- Ensure relevant internal approval processes are following on making decisions whether or not to pursue a business opportunity.
Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of CRM and Microsoft 365
- Ability to understand and analyse data/sales performance
- Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical skills with the ability to effectively problem solve
- Regular travel
Qualifications & Experience:
- A good standard of education.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Manager and sales delivery/performance track record
- Experience in a quick response, highly changeable, customer driven industry
- Full clean driving licence
What's on offer...
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice)
- Training & development
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Regular health assessments (role dependent)
- Cycle to work scheme
The Business Development Manager will be expected to develop, implement, and deliver a sustainable business development strategy to attract new business as well as driving sales through existing partners/customers.
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.