Smurfit Kappa are one of the UK's largest producers of corrugated packaging for the trade. We have a vision of becoming an indispensable partner to our customers delivered through operational excellence and a highly engaged workforce.
With around 46,000 employees across 35 countries, Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, and a publicly listed company in both Dublin and London. Our mission is to deliver customer satisfaction, personal development for employees, respect for the local community and environment and great shareholder value, all through our highly entrepreneurial culture.
We currently have exciting opportunities for shift based Production Operators to join the team at our Aldershot site working within the Production department on the early shift (0600-1400) or late shift (1400-2200).
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, this role will work alongside other shift based operators.
- Ensuring HSE best practices are followed throughout department as to prevent injury to themselves and co-workers.
- Reporting all safety related incidents and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensuring compliance to PPE, SSoW, Quality Standards and Housekeeping standards.
- Production and packing of quality products off the machines and highlighting any concerns in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Shift Supervisors and other Production Operators to deliver the production plan on a daily basis.
- Working constructively with their co-workers and the wider Beacon team to continuously drive improvement in safety, quality, waste and machine efficiency.
- Demonstrating an open, professional and positive culture on their shift
- The role is expected to work a 37.5 hour working week on AM or PM shift with flexibility to move across shifts at reasonable notice.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Good attendance records and excellent work ethic are essential
- Ability to demonstrate a positive safety culture
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of operating machinery within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working effectively in a team
- Experience of, and the ability to work towards tight production deadlines without compromising safety and quality expectations
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to identify and act upon process improvement opportunities
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and SMED techniques would be an advantage
- Current forklift truck license would be highly advantageous.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the team, please follow the link below, click the Apply Now button and follow the on-line application process
Closing date: 11th October 2021.