Sales Office Supervisor
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
At Smurfit Kappa Beacon, based in Aldershot, we have an exciting opportunity for a hard working and enthusiastic Supervisor to lead the team in our Sales Office. The role will report into the Sales Office Manager and will take the lead in instilling and maintaining an ‘easy to deal with’ approach within the customer service team, ensuring pro-active and responsive handling of all customer requirements. The role will also be responsible for maintaining strong communication links with all departments to ensure customer requests and sales orders are being handled in line to meet the customers’ expectations.
• Be main point of contact for key account(s)
• Report generation with-in customer services to maintain/monitor standards.
• Supervisory responsibility for Customer Service team members
• Work closely with your team (CS) & External Sales to ensure excellent customer service is provided.
• Ensure all orders are placed in line with the internal Standard Operating Procedures.
• Responsible for Customer Complaints, ensuring they are closed off within the appropriate timescale. Monitoring and reporting at the monthly Management meeting.
• SAP 2nd to Purchasing Administrator.
• Good working knowledge of raw material processing. Ability to aid Production with holiday / sick cover.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be approachable to the team and other departments and well as being pro-active in driving solutions. You will use your excellent communication skills to communicate with all departments, especially Production, to ensure customer requirements are met. You will also be a strong leader with the ability to motivate your team, monitor work and ensure an even spread of workload throughout the team.
- Hard working & flexible.
- Effective communication & Influencing skills with motivational approach
- Ability to manage staff and deadlines effectively
- Competent with IT interfaces & systems
- Experience of using SAP would be desirable
- Good awareness of the business model to be able to provide explanations to all customers
- Ability to see and realise improvement opportunities
- Previous team leadership experience would be desirable
- Able to build rapport with internal stakeholders and customers.
If you feel that you have the necessary personal and professional skills and more importantly the drive and determination we would like to hear from you. In return, we offer a competitive salary, enhanced pension contributions and access to excellent training and development opportunities
Salary per annum
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Blackwater Park Holden Road