Engineering Stores and Purchasing Coordinator
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Purpose of Role
To assist the Engineering manager, whilst closely liaising and communicating with all levels of staff and suppliers to provide machinery capability, reliability and availability to the Operations team using sound purchasing, supplier relations and stock control practices.
- Help negotiate best terms and conditions with suppliers.
- Help develop site standards by being part of site auditing processes (internal and external)
- Advise on COSHH details as appropriate from engineering stores.
- Liaise with Engineering Supervisor, shift engineers, Planning department, contractors and suppliers.
- Help manage, execute and obtain contractor safety documentation for projects and supplier visits.
- Perform engineering stock checks as required. (SAP-MM)
- Order replacement stock items based on engineers feedback and strategic discussions with engineering management. (SAP)
- Suggest critical spare requirements and optimum stock holding.
- Label and put away stock items and manage their delivery notes in. (SAP-MM)
- Ensure engineering stores is organised and maintained to high standards.
- Generating orders for Engineering Manager & Supervisor from requests. (SAP)
- Collate Engineering Cost KPI sheet at once per week to assist with adherence to budget. (SAP)
- Managing expectations of delivery from suppliers to meet operational goals.
- Helping import times by supplying information to customs desks.
- Build relations across SK UK and part share to help reduce downtimes.
Requirements (skills / knowledge / decision making / etc.)
- Experience in stock control/Stores management/purchasing/business administration.
- Use of Microsoft office and SAP
- Prior knowledge in using SHIRE maintenance software (desirable)
- A background of working within a production environment, ideally in the corrugated packaging industry or other fast moving production environment.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles.
- Safety conscious
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Self-motivated, the ability to take the initiative with a proactive approach to work
- Strong focus on results
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly
- Can prioritise workloads
- MRP knowledge
- Paper and board making experience
- Experience with CMMS
- Understanding of FMECA and 5S systems
In addition company offers
- Competative salary based on applicants skill knowledge and experience
- Holidays - 25day plus statutory holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Training and Development Opportunities
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work within Europes leading packaging company, we would love to hear from you.
Please provide a copy of your CV.
Closing Date - 03/02/2023