An opportunity has arisen from continuous business growth and employee progression in our client's Chelmsford plant. To be successful in joining the Production Team you will need to be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude, together with excellent self-organisation and teamwork skills. For a good fit within this dynamic successful team, the client is seeking applicants who are great communicators and able to work as part of a team to meet production targets in line with the site's Health & Safety culture.
Previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is preferred, but full training will be provided to successful candidates that demonstrate a keen interest to be part of the team.
It is expected that successful assistants will in a timely manner be offered the opportunity to train in multiple areas of production, enhancing the client's multi skilled and flexible team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting on machines within production.
- General manual handling.
- Basic computer tasks.
- Understand and work to high Health & Safety standards, including reporting any H&S issues.
- Complying with Quality and Hygiene specifications and requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to follow health & safety policies and procedures.
- Full training provided but previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility of working hours - this is a rotating shift pattern with overtime requirements.
- Understanding of basic numerical data - required to operate to required production standards.
- Good team player ethos - able to work as part of a crew and on their own.
- Self-motivation and good organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
In return our client offers:
- £10.15 per hour
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays.
- Regular bespoke training
Multiple opportunities are available to successful candidates for this role.
The intention will be to contact applicants within 7 days of the closing date, the closing date is 30th September 2021.