An opportunity has arisen from continuous business growth and employee progression in our client's Chelmsford plant. To be successful in joining the Logistics Team candidates will need to be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude, together with excellent self-organisation and teamwork skills. For a good fit within this dynamic successful team, our client is seeking applicants who are great communicators and able to work as part of a team to meet production targets in line with the site's Health & Safety culture.
Applicants with current or previous experience as Fork Lift Truck Operators will be considered alongside those with no previous experience that have a desire to master a new skill and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Full training will be provided to successful candidates that includes the gaining of a FLT licence via a licensed external provider.
Key responsibilities (following completion of training) include:
- Understand and work to high Health & Safety standards, including reporting any H&S issues.
- Complying with Quality and Hygiene specifications and requirements.
- Minimise downtime by forward planning to ensure all materials are available well in advance
- Liaise with Team Leaders & Supervisors to prioritise internal movements and unloading
- Check incoming board for damage and shape and inform supervisor if load is unsafe.
- Check incoming board for FSC compliance (following the Non-compliance procedure as necessary)
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery
- Work with your Supervisor on process/continuous improvement projects
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to demonstrate a positive safety culture
- Good attendance records and excellent work ethic are essential
- Flexibility of working hours - this is a rotating shift pattern with overtime requirements.
- Understanding of basic numerical data - required to operate to required production standards.
- Good team player ethos - able to work as part of a crew and on their own.
- Self-motivation and good organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to identify and act upon process improvement opportunities
In return our client offers:
- £10.15 per hour
- Workplace pension
- 25 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays.
- Regular bespoke training
The intention will be to contact applicants within 7 days of the closing date, the closing date is 30th September 2021.