An opportunity has arisen from business growth and employee progression in the Chelmsford plant for trainee printers to join our permanent night shift. Previous manufacturing knowledge is beneficial and candidates with print machine experience from all disciplines are encouraged to apply. The site is committed to offering in-depth one-to-one training for successful candidates.
To be successful in joining the Print Production Team you will need to be highly motivated, focused and driven. Demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude, together with excellent self-organisation and teamwork skills. For a good fit within this dynamic successful team, we are looking for applicants who are great communicators and able to work as part of a team to meet production targets in line with the site's Health & Safety culture.
Following Training, Key responsibilities include:
- Understand and work to high Health & Safety standards, including reporting any H&S issues.
- Complying with Quality and Hygiene specifications and requirements.
- Taking print dimensional and visual measurements and associating these with products specifications, ensuring products are within tolerance of customer expectations
- Setting machinery via a computer and manually
- Demonstrating flexibility in operating a variety of machinery proficiently
- Cleaning and maintaining machinery
- Work with your Team Leader on process/continuous improvement projects
- Ensure accurate records are maintained throughout production process.
- Assist your Team Leader in improving all KPI’s with effective utilisation of labour and resources.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to demonstrate a positive safety culture
- Good attendance records and excellent work ethic are essential
- Understanding of basic numerical data - required to operate to required production standards.
- Good team player ethos - able to work as part of a crew and on their own.
- Self-motivation and good organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to identify and act upon process improvement opportunities
In return our client offers:
- £26k per annum starting (training on days) – to £40k per annum (full time on permanent nights, competent and meeting KPI’s)
- 25 holidays per year + 8 bank holidays
- Regular bespoke training
- Workplace pension
The intention will be to contact applicants within 7 days of the closing date, the closing date is 8th October 2021