The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We have an exciting opportunity for the General Operative to join our team & business in Corby! This role will form part of the wider crew covering general responsibilities with great training, development and career progression opportunities!
- To ensure all they are adhering to all Health & Safety requirements including all PPE are worn.
- To maintain current best working practices and help introduce new best working practices.
- Assist in the training and development of crew members.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed; all required quality checks are completed.
- To ensure the highest quality of work is produced and waste is kept to a minimum.
- To make a concerted effort to achieve daily production targets as set out by Supervisor or Team Leader.
- To report any non-conformities to the Supervisor or Team Leader immediately.
- To ensure the general housekeeping standards are maintained around their assigned factory.
- To ensure any maintenance requirements are reported to the Supervisor or Team Leader immediately.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications and actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
The ideal candidate will be:
- A team player willing to learn new skills, previous experience as a machine operator in the print & packaging industry would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Someone who has a good attention to detail and be methodical in their approach.
- Enthusiastic and flexible and have a positive and proactive approach.
- Keen to work with the business with a view that we will be better today than yesterday, willing to work with the wider team to find improvements supporting our continued focus in safety, machine quality, reliability and efficiency levels through high levels of team engagement.
The standard working hours are 3 shift rotation Monday to Friday (6am – 1.30pm; 1.30pm- 9pm, 9pm-6am)
In addition it is offered:
- Competitive Salary based on candidate's level of experience & knowledge.
- 25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate family.
- Training & Development opportunities.
- Death in Service Benefit.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as the General Operative within Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, we would love to hear from you!
Please apply and attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of Friday, 24th March 2023.
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications