The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
The purpose of the role is to provide professional financial control & reporting, adhering to statutory & company standards, ensuring there is a full understanding of the financial targets & results throughout management while providing all requested information to group in a timely and accurate manner. To continuously improve business methods and provide excellent analysis that can be the basis for strategic decisions.
- Undertaking business analysis and advising the local management on business mix, cost structure and capital base.
- Initiate and manage projects to improve business control and profitability, prioritising such projects based on business impact.
- Evaluate new suppliers/products/services which enable improvements within the business, or which increase the value of our offer to customers.
- Manage Costing Systems and ensure that effective business controls are in place to ensure costs are controlled and profit maximised.
- Use benchmarking information to ensure improvement opportunities within administration and production are identified and acted on.
- Act as local contact for input and judgements relating to the company’s financial results before they are released to senior management.
- Manage tissues relating to auditors and legal advisers.
- Vet all major capital proposals before they are submitted for board approval.
- Ensure debt control is managed and cash flow maximised.
- Prepare all major capital proposals for the GM, using Company guidelines & vet all capital proposals before they are submitted to the group.
- Act as an adviser to the management team on all financial issues.
Key Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent knowledge of both financial and management accounts.
- Intermediate/Advanced MS Office skills, particularly Excel and Word.
- Have an understanding of Payroll and HMRC requirements.
- Accounting degree (or equivalent) or CIMA/ACCA qualification achieved.
- High standard of communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good administrative and organisational skills to comply with all internal and external regulations and best practice methods.
- Adherence to deadlines and the ability to prioritise.
- Awareness and understanding of business and pricing mechanisms and the effect of decision making within the business.
- Ability to manage a team with best practices and in adherence to group and local policies.
Systems and Programmes utilised:
- SAP & Concur
- Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- BI Executive Viewer
- The salary is competetive and negotiable based on candidate's level of experiece.
- 25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate family.
- Training and Development Opportunities.
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as Financial Controller in Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, we would love to hear from you! Please apply and attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of 25th July 2022.