The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
- To ensure the smooth running of all machinery which is being operated on the shift.
- To ensure all Health & Safety & PPE requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To maintain current best working practices.
- To report any non-conformities to the Team Leader immediately.
- Housekeeping and maintenance of machines.
- Performing regular QC checks in line to ISO requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the Team Leader.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications.
- Actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
- Learn and understand the following: -
- Paper Awareness.
- Ink matching, colour technology and management.
- Machine setting and problem solving.
- Production efficiency.
Skills, knowledge & experience desired:
- Experienced Lithographic offset printer (other print disciplines will be considered).
- Experience of working within a busy manufacturing environment.
- Good technical ability & eye for colour.
- Excellent attention to detail and be methodical in their approach.
- Ability to work as part of the team and on their own.
- Able to work under pressure and at times meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills.
- This role would suit a smaller B2 or B1 offset printer looking to step up.
In addition it is offered:
- Competitive Salary based on candidarte's level of experience & knowledge.
- 25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate family.
- Training & Development opportunities.
The standard working hours are 3 shift rotation Monday to Friday (6am – 1.30pm; 1.30pm- 9pm; 9pm - 6am).
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as the Lithographic Printer within Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, we would love to hear from you! Please apply and attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of 26th September 2022.