The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
The Sheeter Operative will be working in a small team and have the responsibility of co-ordinating operations to ensure quick order change overs, excellent levels of quality while ensuring our high standards of Health & Safety and housekeeping are maintained. The role would suit someone from corrugated background.
- Part of the team responsible for the operation of our sheeting machine, producing high quality sheets of board for use through the KBA printing press.
- Converting reels of board to sheets, general warehouse duties.
- Correct setting techniques following standard operating procedures.
- Organising Reels and storage areas (Clamp truck training provided after trial period).
- Weekly operator maintenance.
- Actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications.
Skills, experience & knowledge desired:
- Ability to work as part of team & on their own.
- Analytical and numerical skills.
- Previous experience as a machine operator in the print & packaging industry would be advantageous but not essential as full training can be given.
- Someone who has a good attention to detail and be methodical in their approach.
- Someone keen to work with the business with a view that we will be better today than yesterday and willing to work with the wider team to find improvements supporting our continued focus in safety, machine quality, reliability and efficiency levels through high levels of team engagement.
In addition it is offered:
- Competitive Salary based on candidarte's level of experience & knowledge.
- 25 days per year of holiday plus statutory Bank Holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme for Employee and immediate family.
- Training & Development opportunities.
The standard working hours are 2 shift rotation Monday to Friday (6am – 1.30pm; 1.30pm- 9pm).
If you are looking for a new and exciting opportunity to work as the Sheeter Operative within Europe's leading corrugated packaging company, we would love to hear from you! Please apply and attach a copy of your CV by the closing date of 26th September 2022.