Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We are currently recruiting a Quality/Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager for our Whitehaven site.
The CI/Quality Manager will report to the General Manager and will be responsible for creating and delivering Operational Excellence (OE), focusing on process waste reduction whilst continuously delivering a quality product suitable for the premium markets which we serve.
Key elements of the role involve:
- Being a positive, resilient and engaging leader, where people naturally want to follow you.
- Being an excellent organiser of themselves and others, a self-starter, who is an excellent communicator, can collaborate across a diverse community of stakeholders with very strong networking and influencing skills
- Ability to influence others and implement change.
- Have broad experience of implementing OE tools and techniques (E.g. DMAIC. Lean Manufacturing, 5S etc) into the manufacturing environment.
- Experience of project management delivery, across a range of business functions
- Being responsible for developing and delivering the Quality and Continuous Improvement strategy for the site including a plan to ensure that the culture of the business places people, customers and operational excellence at the heart of how we do business, driving a ‘right first time’ mentality.
- Accountable for the Company’s compliance to its legal, statutory and chosen standards incl. ISO 9001, and FSC, providing technical advice and ensuring that the site management team is kept up to date with issues and developments.
Closing date: 30th September 2022