Smurfit Kappa Composites currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Planner. Reporting directly to the Commercial Manager, the Purchasing Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling the entire production operation of the Company.
- The creation and co-ordination of production schedules to optimise and maximise production output.
- Planning and monitoring production capacity to meet demands for sales orders.
- Purchasing and expediting inventory to meet planned production.
- Determining optimum inventory levels of raw materials.
- Maintaining and updating purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Obtaining quotations for internal customers for tender submissions.
- Assisting the Commercial Manager and Manufacturing Manager when required.
Key Skills & Knowledge
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of working in a purchasing/planning role used to handling multiple tasks and prioritising workload to meet customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to project manage, work under pressure and meet agreed and often tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in MS Office is essential and an understanding of SAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent written, documentation, reporting and analytical skills.
- The role may warrant an amount of travel to external meetings with vendors therefore a full UK driving license is essential.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the SK Whitehaven team, please click the Apply Now button and follow the on-line application process