Warehouse & Transport Supervisor
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Smurfit Kappa Composites, currently have an exciting opportunity for a Machine Operator to join the team. Working on a tube winding machine and/or tube labelling machine whilst reporting to the shift supervisor, the Machine Operator will be is responsible for the setting up, operation and general housekeeping of one of the multiple winding/labelling machines within the composites production department.
Smurfit Kappa Composites (based in Whitehaven, Cumbria) are a leading manufacturer of packaging for major retail sectors, including wine, spirits and industrial adhesives and sealants. Due to recent growth and investment an opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse and Transport Supervisor to join to our growing team. This is an excellent career opportunity for someone hands on experience of transport and warehouse operations.
In the role of Warehouse and Transport Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safe execution of our goods inward and outward function and the associated warehousing operations on a daily basis.
- Compliance to all legal and local policies & guidance relating to vehicle movements and product storage.
- Managing a team of 2 warehouse operatives who cover double day shift hours.
- Maximising the use of internal storage space
- Maintaining accurate inventory records
- Organising and scheduling product receipts and despatches.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards and a clean as you go policy.
- Ensuring good stock rotation practices.
- Liaising with our logistic providers and customers to ensure on time in full deliveries to our customers’ requirements.
- Moving materials to and from our production units in a timely manner.
- Providing cover for warehouse operatives when required. This includes FLT operations.
- Proactively driving safety & operational improvements in the warehouse & transport function.
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess excellent communication skills, the ability to manage workload under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- Have proficiency in transport and warehouse operations.
- A Valid FLT licence would be an advantage, although training will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
- Be computer literate and have the ability to manage a computerised inventory management system and Microsoft Office based applications.
In return, our client offers:
- A competitive annual salary
- Workplace pension
- Regular bespoke training
- 25 days annual leavev plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
The role is a 37.5 hour working week. Mon-Thurs 8am-4pm and Friday 8am – 1:30pm. Occasional additional hours will be required and will be paid at the appropriate rate of overtime.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please click on theapply now which will take you to the online recruitment process.