Weldon North Industrial Estate, Cooks Rd, Corby, Northants, NN17 5JT, UK
Full Time Role - 3 shift rotation
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
We have an exciting opportunity for the Trainee Printer to join our business in Corby! This role will form part of a crew responsible for the operation of our printing presses and will support the existing team with great training, development and career progression opportunities.
Working hours are 3 shift rotation Monday to Friday.
- To ensure all Health & Safety & PPE requirements are adhered to at all times.
- To maintain current best working practices.
- To report any non-conformities to the Team Leader immediately.
- Learn and understand the following:
- Paper Awareness;
- Ink matching, colour technology and management;
- Machine setting and problem solving;
- Production efficiency;
- Housekeeping and maintenance of machines.
- Performing regular QC checks in line to ISO requirements.
- Any other duties as required by Team Leader.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications.
- Actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
What's on offer...
Competitive salary dependant on applicant's skills and experience;
25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard;
Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice);
Training & development;
Free on site parking;
Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family;
Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support;
Regular health assessments (role dependent);
Cycle to work scheme.
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
To find out more about the hiring organisation please search for 'Better Planet Packaging Europe'.