Production Services Technician
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
The Company currently has a vacancy for a Production Services Technician to join the Diss site.
The main function of this role is to ensure the efficient running of all conversion machinery by supplying all tooling, consumables, and other relevant supplies in a timely fashion, having proactive involvement with production staff.
This post will predominantly be based on the double day shift pattern, however applicants will need to demonstrate full flexibility in terms of shift patterns and work areas within the operations function.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate their ability to adhere to defined procedures, quality standards and operational continuous improvement to ensure that both our customer and operational requirements are met. Good organisational skills with an ability to manage own workload and priorities and confidence in using computers are also essential elements of the role.
Previous experience working within a factory environment or working shifts will be an advantage.
Training will be provided to develop the necessary skills for this multi-skilled role.
In return, our client offers:
- A competitive annual salary.
- Regular bespoke training.
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 public holidays, entitlement per year
- Workplace pension.
- Quarterly Recognition Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme
Applicants should click on the Apply Now button on the right and follow the on-line application process.
The closing date for this role is 12th August 2022.
For internal applicants it is essential that you ensure that your line manager is aware of your desire to be considered for this role.