Senior Weekend Technician - Diss
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Smurfit Kappa Diss, in Norfolk (England) are looking for a Senior Weekend Technician to join their Engineerinng team.
25 Hours per week
Friday - 1 hour (to participate in workflow planning meeting - able to do this remotely via vidoe calling)
Saturday 6am - 6pm
Sunday 6am - 6pm
To support the Engineering Supervisor in running the site’s maintenance function by being the first line of leadership and support for the weekend Engineering Team.
Tasks specific to this role include:
- Leading the small team of weekend Technicians and, by demonstration, set the best of standards in safety performance and application to task
- Conducting relevant HR-related tasks with the weekend engineering team. These will include, but not be limited to, training and development identification, and absence supervision
- Managing the works requirement for the weekend engineering team – which will include planned maintenance, PPM tasks, CIL and project working
- Communicating and working with weekday members of the engineering team in order to effect efficient delivery of the department’s work schedule
- Maintaining SAP PM in response to the plan and subsequent works completed over the weekend
- Maintaining material inventory accuracy and orderliness of materials stockrooms
- Managing sub-contractors, where appropriate, in line with contractor management protocols
- Conducting monthly safety, housekeeping and environmental inspections where appropriate
- Carrying out other duties as directed by your line manager in line with the job role and following suitable training
In return, our client offers:
- A competitive annual salary
- Workplace pension
- Regular bespoke training
- A quarterly recognition scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
The closing date for applications is 26 March 2023.
Please note that this vacancy is open to both internal and external candidates. Internal applicants should advise their line manager prior to making an application.
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Pulham St Mary