Flexible Production Operative - Double Days - Diss
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
Flexible Production Operative - Double Days – Diss, Norwich, England - Salary £25,555 - £31,714 per annum**
We currently have a vacancy for a flexible production operative at our Diss site. The post will predominantly be based on the double day shift. Applicants will need to demonstrate full flexibility in terms of shift patterns and work areas within the operations function.
Successful applicants will need to demonstrate their ability to follow health and safety policies and procedures, as well as their ability to work as part of a wider team to achieve quality and production standards. Strong communication and problem solving skills are also essential requirements of this role.
Previous experience working within a factory environment or working shifts will be an advantage.
Full training will be provided to develop the necessary skills for this multi-skilled role.
Key requirements of this role include an ability to:
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures and be proactive in supporting a positive health and safety culture;
- Adhere to defined procedures and performance standards to ensure operations are compliant with the required quality standards to meet customer requirements;
- Participate in proactive problem solving exercises to address any issues impacting on production;
- Communicate with all team members to ensure that a high quality handover takes place;
- Understand basic numerical data required to operate to the required production standards;
- Work well on own initiative and as a member of various teams within the Operations function.
In return our client offers:
** The starting Salary for this role is £25,555 p.a. on the 'Training and Probationary Grade'. Upon successfully completing a probation period of usually 6 months, the candidate will progress to Band 2 with a salary increase to £30,104 p.a. There is then opportunity to train and develop in this role with the future opportunity to increase to the next Band levels up to a salary of £31,714 p.a.
- 25 days' holiday a year, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension.
- Quarterly recognition scheme.
- Regular bespoke training.
Flexible Production Operatives are crucial to the success of this business. Internal applicants should advise their line manager prior to making an application.
Please apply via the company's dedicated recruitment portal.
The closing date for this vacancy is 5th June 2023
Salary £25,555 per annum
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Pulham St Mary