Multi-Skilled Engineer Electrical Bias
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We are looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Engineer to join the engineering team reporting directly to the Engineering Team Leader.
Working as part of a team of engineers you will work alongside another shift Engineering to provide planned and reactive maintenance on the production lines and plant equipment. This role will allow you to develop your innovation and technical skills to implement permanent fixes underpinning high performance. You will be working with mechanical and electrical issues. Ideally electrically Bias but willing to deal will mechanical issues as well, working in a fast paced environment ensuring you work with production to prioritise break downs to ensure the customers are not let down.
Please note for this position you must have good experience within Engineering ideally electrically biased with mechanical knowledge and with relevant qualifications to match.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute planned and unplanned maintenance activities to an agree standard, ensuring safe working always
- Ensure all site assets are maintained to a high standard, meet site requirements and are reliable
- Use SAP to capture all maintenance activities (training will be provided)
- Attain the engineering standards across the site by providing functional support and expertise
- To perform on relevant Engineering KPIs
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities that you undertake properly risk assessed
- Ensure parts are booked out correctly to help control stock levels in stores
- Be able to work effectively as a team not only with engineering team but also with production
- Be flexible with working hours (shift cover, overtime)
- Good communication skills
- Fault finding experience with good diagnostic skills
- Excellent communication skills with peers and management.
- Organisation skills including prioritising & Planning
- Problem solving and Continuous Improvement
- Good numeracy skills
- Confidence in using Microsoft applications (i.e. Excel, Outlook) & SAP
Key Personal Characteristics & Qualifications
- Practical and Knowledgeable in maintenance engineering
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Target driven
- Willingness to learn
- Interpersonal skills
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Adaptable and flexible
Salary £43,000 per annum
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge as an Engineer within a fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you!