The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We are currently recruiting for a Reliability Engineer at our Northampton Sites.
This position is vital to the smooth running of the Engineering services. The roles involves planning, allocating and scheduling preventative maintenance works (PM) as well as carrying out continuous improvement (CI) on the PM activities using a range of data and feedback from engineers.
Key elements of the role involve:
- Create, Monitor, collate and analyse KPIs, reporting them to key stakeholders and the wider engineering department or site.
- Provide feedback to the Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) and Engineering Manager (EM) regarding onsite progress, current issues and planned upcoming work.
- Review and manage SAP ensuring attention to detail and accuracy.
- Review PM work orders, corrective orders and maintenance work order backlog, ensuring all required task details have been populated and follow up as required (task details, spares requirements, est. hours, access requirements etc.)
- Liaise with the engineering team, planning and production to ensure that engineers have planned works each day with minimal disruption to the operation.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in budget management, reviewing engineering budget spend
- Monitor and report poor performance in regards to machine downtime, risk or issues, staff performance to the Engineering Manager or Engineering Team Leader.
- Support and lead contractor inductions, conducting site tours and reviewing contractors works, work orders and any applicable permits.
- Support in developing an RCA system for engineering by setting trigger points to conduct an RCA
- Produce and hold toolbox talks when required covering SAP usage, SAP training, Tablet training, Reporting and producing reports training.
- Health and Safety – Leadership and coaching in raising hazards and holding safety for life conversations. Accident reporting and investigation, legal compliance, maintaining housekeeping standards.
Applicants should also understand how the business operates from sales through to despatch and have experience of managing to operational standards. Strong people management, organisational and communication skills (face to face, telephone and email) are key to success in the role as is an ability to use IT systems.
The role will be established on a full time, permanent basis.