Multi Skilled Engineer
Smurfit Kappa CRP is a complex manufacturing operation based across 3 locations; operating 4 Business teams and is an award winning, print, point-of-purchase and packaging business.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Multi-skilled Engineer to join our team at the Corby Site working a double day shift rota.
Working within an engineering environment our Multi-Skilled Engineers are responsible for providing a responsive engineering service to the Sites Operations Team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. You will make rational and informed decisions with regard to breakdown solutions and be responsible for providing effective and long term solutions to continuously improve machine reliability
Other key elements of the role involve:
- Identification and recovery of fault situations on all processing equipment
- Monitoring and adjusting equipment and process conditions to ensure that exceptional quality is achieved.
- Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations, routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
- Promoting an environment of continuous improvement at all times and assisting in process improvement projects.
- Installation and commissioning of new equipment.
Applicants must be qualified in an electrical or mechanical discipline although both mechanical and electrical experience in a manufacturing environment is needed. The following skills are also required:
- 5 years experience of working within a production or service environment
- Proven electrical installation experience
- An effective problem solver with good diagnostic skills:
- Capable of using PLC I/O as a diagnostic tool.
- Proven experience with regard to mechanical skills & abilities
- A good team player but capable of working on own initiative
- Be self motivated
- Possess a positive approach and flexibility with regard to working hours to complete critical tasks
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Be familiar with current legislation & European directives as applicable to this role