The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We are looking for an analyst/developer with T-SQL experience to develop our database solutions and help take them to the next level.
Working within the Data Services team, you will liaise closely with internal customers to develop and support solutions in a variety of technologies, including SQL Server (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS). Taking a flexible approach, you will create and manage interfaces between a variety of different systems to automate business processes. Liaising with both technical and non-technical users to understand and solve data requirements, gathering of requirements for new BI and Providing regular and up-to-date status reports to stakeholders.
This is an interesting and varied role within a fast-paced business and offers a superb opportunity to learn new skills using the full Microsoft BI stack.
You will report to the Data Services Manager and be based in Liverpool as part of a small Data Services Team supporting users at over 35 UK manufacturing sites.
- Experience in a database development, application support or BI role, preferably in a fast paced industrial or manufacturing environment
- T-SQL skills, e.g. experienced writing queries, stored procedures, etc.
- Understanding of relational databases
- Experience with any ERP system
- Database development within SQL Server 2016 or later
- Report building in SSRS/Power BI or similar
- Experience with Agile development practices.
- Experience with Azure
- Able to communicate clearly with non-technical users
- Strong customer service focus
- Enjoys working with other team members
- Excellent literacy and numeracy
- Organised, logical, diligent and thorough
- Keen to learn new technical skills
- Develops strong relationships with our stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension
- Hybrid working pattern
- Life Assurance
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you are interested in the challenge click the Apply Now button on the right and follow the on-line application process.
The closing date for applications is 5th August 2022