Smurfit Kappa Tannochside is a market leader in the design and conversion of High Quality Post Print (HQPP) corrugated cases. Markets include drinks, high quality food and other specialist sectors. The Tannochside Plant is located near Glasgow close to the M74/M8 interchange and we have an exciting opportunity available within the business. Smurfit Kappa Tannochside is looking for a Sales Director to head up the sales team, reporting into the General Manager.
The successful individual will drive forward, improve and manage all commercial aspects of the Tannochside business. They will be a member of the senior management team and will play a key role in the setting and achieving of sale objectives, setting clear objectives and strategies for, and support to, individual and collective targets..
The main responsibilities will include:-
- Member of the Senior Management Team
- Managing and directing the sales activities of the business; external sales, internal sales and design.
- Develop and implement the overall sales strategy and work with account managers to build account plans for all major accounts
- Develop, present and achieve the annual sales volume budget.
- Most senior sales and commercial representative at major accounts, including Edrington, Dewars, Grants, Sanquhar, McAlpine , Whyte & Mackay
Skills/Knowledge and Experience:-
- Previous sales management experience within the corrugated industry.
- Can be “tough-minded” when required and carries sufficient credibility and gravitas when dealing with business
- Demonstrates customer empathy and patience
- Can bridge the gap between customer demands and plant capabilities
- Has an excellent knowledge of other aspects of the business and is financially astute
- Has key understanding of customer needs in relation to efficiencies and quality
- Needs to be an effective communicator
- Must have first class interpersonal skills
- Must have good analytical skills
- Must be commercially minded with a sense of urgency
- Must be a decision maker and innovative
- Must provide effective, strategic business feedback / develop business relationships.
- Must have the ability to develop and deliver a vision and strategy.
- Must be able to understand drive towards change
- Competent Excel and PC skills