The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Production Operative to join the team at West Auckland.
Working as part of the Operations Team, on a 3 shift rotating pattern, the successful applicant will be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude together with excellent self-organisation and motivation skills.
We are looking for applicants who are great communicators, the ability to support a drive for continuous improvement in both productivity and reducing wastage, whilst fully complying with the site's Health & Safety culture.
Previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is essential, ideally within the Corrugator sector. It is expected that Production Operatives will be able to train in multiple areas, to assist in building our multi skilled and flexible team.
Key responsibilities include -
- Operating machines within production.
- General manual handling.
- Basic computer tasks.
- Understanding and appreciation of both Health & Safety and Quality.
In return our client offers;-
- A competitive annual salary
- 33 total days holiday per year
- Contributory workplace pension
- Regular bespoke training and development
- A great working environment
If you feel that you have the necessary personal and technical skills and more importantly the drive and determination we would like to hear from you.