Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in paper based packaging and is the European leader in containerboard, solid board, corrugated and solid board packaging. The organisation strives to be a customer orientated, market led company which satisfies the personal development of its employees.
We currently have a vacacny at our Whittlesey Plant for a Production Supervisor.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Supervision of the following areas: Manufacturing; Assembly/Packing; Loading; H&S
- To ensure that all members of staff for whom you are responsible are correctly supervised, controlled, focused, accountable and achieve given targets.
- Ensure that all employees reporting into this role have adequate training for the roles they fulfil with particular reference to areas such as H&S and Quality Inspection.
- Assisting in creation and review of the weekly machine plan.
- Ensure sufficient supervisory cover onsite during out of office hours running.
- Work as a member of the manufacturing team as efficiently and effectively as possible on a day to day basis ensuring customer deliveries are met, on time, in full to the required quality standard and in a safe working environment.
- Review current techniques and look at ways to improve.
- Ensure the company meets all current Health and Safety Regulations including COSHH and Noise Assessment.
- Under the supervision of the HSQE manager review H&S onsite and make improvements where needed.
- All required training will be provided
- The successful candidate will work with the HSQE manager reporting into the Operations manager.
To be successful in this role you will ideally met all or most of the following requirements:
- Previous supervisory experience is essential
- Knowledge and understanding of the Manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Fast moving consumer good environment is desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Proven track record of working well within a team environment, whilst being able to take the lead
The Production Supervisor Role is key to the continuing strong performace at Smurfit Kappa Whittlesey.