Despatch Team Leader - Windrush
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
The Operations team are currently recruiting a Despatch Team Leader at the Witney site.
This is a working supervisor position where approximately 50% of the working week will be spent on loading/unloading vehicles and managing the movement of vehicles in line with Company Health and Safety and operational standards. The remaining 50% will be allocated to leadership and management duties including supervising despatch team members, organising and planning their work.
Applicants should also understand how the business operates from sales through to despatch and have experience of managing to operational standards. Strong people management, organisational and communication skills (face to face, telephone and email) are key to success in the role as is an ability to use IT systems.
The role will be established on a full time, permanent basis. Applicants must be willing to work reasonable amounts of overtime in line with business needs and be flexible on shift length and pattern.
Other key elements of the role involve:
- Health and Safety – Leadership and coaching in raising hazards and holding safety for life conversations. Accident reporting and investigation, legal compliance, maintaining housekeeping standards. Ensuring warehouse is kept within safe working limits.
- Allocating loads to FLT drivers, ensuring we stay on time with the Despatch schedule.
- Ensuring warehouse team keep material handling lines clear and pallet hoppers full.
- Forward planning including ongoing dialogue with the corrugator and logistics teams.
- Ensure accuracy of late list entries.
- Contractor management, receipt of general deliveries.
- Man management – working roster, holiday booking, TMS, appraisals, training.
- Communication with customer service team.
- Stock accuracy including aged stock.
- End of shift reporting and performance management of shift
- Warehouse control – CRD’s, returns, rework, waste
In return, our client offers:
- A competitive annual salary.
- Regular bespoke training.
- 25 days holiday, per year plus 8 Bank Holidays
- Workplace pension.
- Quarterly Recognition Scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our Despatch Team Leaders are crucial to the success of our business. This role is open to both internal and external applicants. Internal applicants should advise their line manager prior to making an application.
The closing date for this vacancy is 6th September 2022.
Please apply via the company's dedicated recruitment portal.