Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
- Website: smurfitkappa.com/uk
- Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
- Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Despatch Operative join our team at Windrush.
Working as part of the Operations Team, on a 3-shift rotating pattern, the successful applicants will be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude together with excellent self-organisation and motivation skills.
We are looking for applicants who are great communicators, the ability to support a drive for continuous improvement in both productivity and reducing wastage, whilst fully complying with the site's Health & Safety culture. A counterbalance forklift licence, taken or refreshed in the last 3 years would be advantageous.
Previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is preferred, but full training will be provided. It is expected that Despatch Operatives will be able to train in multiple areas, to assist in building our multi skilled and flexible team.
Key job requirements
- Understanding and appreciation of both Health & Safety and Quality.
- General manual handling.
- Ability to drive and improve production output.
- Good product knowledge and Quality awareness.
- Perform work in a safe manner according to site standards.
- Can do attitude, willingness to work additional hours as required and ability to work to deadlines and follow procedures.
- To be able to communicate clearly with colleagues.
- Great attention to detail, good attendance and time keeping.
- Flexibility and ambition to train and develop where required.
Essential and Desirable
- Previous ForkLift Truck experience
- Good communication Skills
- Willingness to become multiskilled
- Previous manufacturing experience
What's on offer...
- A competitive annual salary.
- 25 days' holiday a year, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension
- Regular bespoke training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.