The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
The Operations team at Smurfit Kappa, Windrush are currently recruiting for a Despatch Operative.
The role will predominantly be based on a three shift rotation pattern, with the expectation of reasonable hours of overtime to be worked in line with business needs. The posts will be employed on a 37.5 hr per week basis.
The successful applicants will need to demonstrate full flexibility in terms of both shift patterns and work areas within the operations function .
Previous experience working within a factory/operations environment or working shifts will be an advantage as will a counter balance fork lift licence, taken or refreshed in the last 3 years. Full training will be provided to develop the necessary skills for these multi-skilled roles.
Key requirements of these roles include an ability to;
- Follow health and safety policies and procedures and be proactive in supporting a positive health and safety culture;
- Adhere to defined procedures and performance standards to ensure operations are compliant with the required quality standards to meet customer requirements;
- Participate in proactive problem solving exercises to address any issues impacting on production;
- Communicate with suppliers and planning;
- Understand numerical data required to operate to the required standards;
- Work well on own initiative and as a member of various teams within the Operations function;
- Become a valued multi-skilled operator that can work multiple roles.
In return our client offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days' holiday a year, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension.
- A quarterly recognition scheme.
- Regular bespoke training.
All despatch operatives are crucial to the success of this business. Please note that these vacancies are open to internal and external candidates. Internal applicants should advise their line manager prior to making an application.
Please apply via the company's dedicated recruitment portal.
The closing date for this vacancy is 26th May 2023.