Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
- Website: smurfitkappa.com/uk
- Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
- Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
Plant Manager - Windrush
We have an exciting opportunity within our Operations department for a Shift Manager. Working on a 3-shift rotating pattern, the successful applicant will be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude together with excellent self-organisation and motivation skills.
We are looking for applicants who are great communicators, the ability to support a drive for continuous improvement in production whilst fully complying with the site's Health & Safety culture.
We have a vision of becoming an indispensable partner to our customers delivered through operational excellence and a highly engaged workforce.
Key job requirements
- To help deliver our vision of safety being a core value for all our employees
- Managing the people resources within area of responsibility including recruitment, onboarding, appraisal, performance management, continual training and development and any other employee relations issues
- Monitor the performance of the team, individuals and equipment and take ‘the right’ corrective and preventative actions and to ensure the actions are fully embedded within the business
- Day-to-day management of factory flow by forward planning and mitigation of bottlenecks (manning, machine, processes etc) to maximize throughput of the Plant each day
- To work with the Shift Supervisors and Dispatch Team Leaders to ensure effective communication processes are in place within the Plant to keep the shift up to date with business performance, policy and process changes and to ensure opportunities for giving and receiving feedback
- To work closely with the engineering team to ensure key maintenance work is completed in pre-agreed priority order, including being proactive in taking opportunities to service certain elements of the machine when not in use
- To work with the department heads for Safety and Quality to ensure all processes are properly rolled out and embedded within the site and that their duties are fulfilled with regards to layered auditing
- To work closely with the Sales and Planning teams to ensure a customer service is at the center of all decisions made
- Being able to accept and embrace change and to influence others in a positive and engaging manner
Essential and Desirable
- Solid leadership skills
- Experience in lean manufacturing advantgeous
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Ability to plan and organise in a fast paced environment
What's on offer...
- A competitive annual salary.
- 25 days' holiday a year, plus 8 bank holidays.
- Workplace pension
- Regular bespoke training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.