New Business Development Manager
New Business Development Manager
Sandbeck Lane, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS22 7YD
Full-Time Role - Monday to Friday
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
New Business Development Manager ...
We have an opportunity available for an experienced New Business Development Manager to join our business in Wetherby, and to support the growth opportunities for digitally printed packaging to end users. Digitally printed packaging allows customers seeking a cost-effective solution for high-quality graphics directly printed onto corrugated board with no quantity limitations or set-up costs normally associated with high-quality print. We see significant opportunities to support customers in developing this offer within both the promotional and mainstream corrugated markets. We are searching for an energetic, dynamic salesperson to promote and sell this new product offering. The successful candidate will develop their pipeline and collaborate with colleagues within the Smurfit Kappa network to identify and grow new opportunities and applications for the sales of digitally printed packaging.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities ...
- Selling digitally printed packaging to the U.K. corrugated market.
- Develop relationships with existing customers and new business prospects within the external market and the company.
- Actively develop the marketing and positioning of digital print within the packaging market.
- Understanding commercial sensitivities of selling this new product offering vs existing print.
- Delivery of the sales strategy to grow new sales revenue opportunities of digitally printed packaging and printed sheets.
- To work in accordance with all company certifications.
- Actively engage and participate in all elements of Health and Safety requirements, whilst utilising the Health and Safety systems available.
Experience and Knowledge ...
- Ability and proven track record of selling successfully within the corrugated markets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and judgement of communication methods applicable to individual circumstances.
- Demonstrates a common-sense approach to problem-solving.
- Team player who develops and maintains positive relationships with colleagues.
- Organised and structured approach with a fundamental understanding of business drivers.
- A good understanding of the decorative packaging market.
What's on offer...
Competitive salary dependant on applicant's skills and experience;
Company vehicle or vehicle allowance;
25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard;
Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice);
Training & development;
Free on site parking;
Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family;
Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support;
Regular health assessments (role dependent);
Cycle to work scheme.
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
To find out more about the hiring organisation please search for 'Better Planet Packaging Europe'.