Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in paper based packaging and is the European leader in containerboard, solid board, corrugated and solid board packaging. The organisation strives to be a customer orientated, market led company which satisfies the personal development of its employees.
Reporting directly to the Capacity Manager, the Production Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling the entire production operation of the Company. This entails selecting orders to be scheduled; planning the conversion operations; deckling these orders then sequencing the corrugator, communicating the plan, constantly monitoring, revising and re-communicating.
The Production Planner prepares and issues production documentation, ensuring efficient production whilst meeting customer demands as well as purchasing all Bill Of Material stocks in SAP (Paper) and maintaining stocks to within agreed parameters whilst ensuring continuity of supply.
The key responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring the deckle is planned in most efficient manner to ensure continuous efficient production from factory.
• Ensuring that conversion planning is such that machines are maximised.
• Informing Customer Services of lead times on a daily basis.
• Ensuring that Customer Services and Despatch are kept aware of any failure to meet customer deadlines.
• Adapting the planning process to prevailing sales and production climates to maintain excellent service to customers.
• Accurately preparing clear, meaningful and unambiguous planning documentation and issue to appropriate personnel.
• Ordering paper from nominated suppliers to ensure raw material is sufficient to meet demand whilst stocks remain within agreed limits.
The ideal candidate must:
• Have the ability to act under pressure.
• Be computer literate.
• Be flexible in response and attitude in what is often a dynamic environment.
• Be methodical in planning and be able to achieve goals through the use of teamwork.
• Be able to judge factory capacity and how to best plan that capacity to meet customer demand.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to join the SK Yate team, click the Apply Now button and follow the on-line application process.