Multi-Skilled Engineer - Electrical Bias
Mutli-skilled Engineer with a Electrical Bias
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
- Website: smurfitkappa.com/uk
- Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
- Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
Multi-Skilled Engineer with a Electrical Bias
We are looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Engineer – electrically bias to join the engineering team reporting directly to the Engineering Team Leader.
Working as part of a team of engineers you will work alongside another shift Engineering to provide planned and reactive maintenance on the production lines and plant equipment. This role will allow you to develop your innovation and technical skills to implement permanent fixes underpinning high performance. You will be working with mechanical and electrical issues. Ideally electrically bias but willing to deal will mechanical issues as well, working in a fast paced environment ensuring you work with production to prioritise break downs to ensure the customers are not let down.
Please note for this position you must have good experience within Engineering ideally electrically biased with mechanical knowledge and with relevant qualifications to match.
This position will work on a rota based around a 4 on 4 off, 12 hour pattern, whih include day and night shifts.
Key job requirements
- Execute planned and unplanned maintenance activities to an agree standard, ensuring safe working always
- Ensure all site assets are maintained to a high standard, meet site requirements and are reliable
- Use SAP to capture all maintenance activities (training will be provided)
- Attain the engineering standards across the site by providing functional support and expertise
- To perform on relevant Engineering KPIs
- Ensure a robust and clearly communicated safe system of work is applied for all activities that you undertake properly risk assessed
- Ensure parts are booked out correctly to help control stock levels in stores
- Be able to work effectively as a team not only with engineering team but also with production
- Be flexible with working hours (shift cover, overtime)
- Good communication skills
- Fault finding experience with good diagnostic skills
What's on offer...
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme
- Training & development
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge as an Engineer within a fast paced environment, we would love to hear from you!