Weston super Mare
Full time Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer at Smurfit Kappa
You can also find out more about Smurfit Kappa by visiting:
Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
- If you have experience or would like to further develop a career in our Commercial Department, we would like to hear from you.
- You will support with all commercial aspects of the sales function across the business. Working with the Commercial Team Leader to provide and develop the businesses commercial framework to cover local pricing, local and site tenders as well as National, MNA & PES Tenders.
- You will also gain experience assisting when required with RF & Budget Forecasting as well as working closely with all key internal departments, Finance, Design & Operations.
- You must be adaptable, quick thinking and creative finding solutions to sometimes complex challenges with a strong attention to detail and the ability to translate commercial data into actions whilst prioritizing your workload. You will also possess great verbal and written communication skills developing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- All shortlisted candidates will be invited to complete numerical and verbal reasoning along with a Personality Profile.
Key job requirements
The main responsibilities of this role are to:
- Work within the internal process for quotation, requests, and tenders daily
- Provide quotations to our clients, ensuring all necessary background information is obtained, including, where appropriate, consultation with design, sales, and the operations team
- Provide proactive, strong, well composed commercial support to the sales teams
- Retain and improve margin with any change in quantity, colour, board grade or size adjustments
- Provide reliable and valid data on site’s sales & commercial results
- Ensure all tenders and e-tenders are responded to in time frames
- Optimise profitability at every opportunity
- Assist in the preparation of tenders and e-tenders for discussion about pricing strategy with the Sales Director & General Manager
- Support with the design and execution of a structured and regular reporting system on customers and new/current specifications margins and sales results; quotation response times, enquiries processed and work mix, the daily order intake and despatch report
- Develop and deploy commercial tools to support business improvement and growth
- Analysing business data to identify cost reduction opportunities and establish these into the business
- Utilising post costing systems identify opportunities to improve customer profitability
- Conduct additional analysis on site’s sales and customers profitability as required
What's on offer...
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice)
- Training & development
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Regular health assessments (role dependent)
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
To find out more about the hiring organisation please search for 'Better Planet Packaging Europe'.