Smurfit Kappa is a world leader in paper based packaging and is the European leader in containerboard, corrugated and solid board packaging. Employing over 46,000 employees, the organisation strives to be a customer orientated, market led company, engaging with their employees and investing in employee personal development.
An opportunity has arisen from both business growth and employee progression in one of the South West plants. To be successful in joining the Production Team at an exciting busy time, as an operator on 3 shift rotation work pattern you will need to be highly motivated, focused and driven, demonstrating a positive can do and safe attitude, together with excellent self-organisation and teamwork skills. For a good fit within this dynamic successful team, we are looking for applicants who are great communicators, able to support a drive for continuous improvement in both productivity, reduced wastage and fully in line with the site's Health & Safety culture.
Previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is preferred, but full training will be provided. It is expected that Production Operators will be able to train in multiple areas building our multi skilled and flexible team.
Key responsibilities include -
- Operating machines within production.
- General manual handling.
- Basic computer tasks.
- Understand and work to high Health & Safety standards, including reporting any H&S issues..
- Complying with Quality specifications.
The ideal candidate will have :
- Ability to follow health & safety policies and procedures.
- Full training provided but previous experience within a manufacturing process operation is preferred.
- A strong work ethic and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility of working hours - this is a rotating shift pattern with overtime requirements.
- Understanding of basic numerical data - required to operate to required production standards.
- Good team player ethos - able to work as part of a crew and on their own.
- Self-motivation and good organisation skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
In return our client offers:
- Annual salary £28,846 with opportuntity to develop to upper levels, once passed probation.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension.
- On site Canteen and parking.
- Regulary health checks and other employee benefits.
Should you wish to join this fun, dynamic hard working team please click on APPLY.
The intention will be to contact you within 7 days of the closing date
Salary £28,846 to £28,846 per annum
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications
Weston Super Mare