Technical Account Manager
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
This role is Full time. The successful candidate will need to be able to work flexibly and will be part of the Sales Team, with responsibility for managing key accounts ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction whilst increasing margins and seeking improvements by being involved in internal and external CTO projects. You will also manage new market opportunities canvassing and generating new customer opportunities which will involve regular travel to visit customers and prospective customers on site.
The ideal candidate must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to manage your workload prioritising as required. You will be a problem solver, creative and target driven with experience of FMCG manufacture. You must be flexible, adaptable and willing to learn with the ability to work in a team or on your own.
- Manage key accounts to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Visit customers to engage with operational personnel to drive improvements for their operation
- Proactively engage with customers to improve their efficiencies and use of our product
- Increase margin with proactive projects that benefit both SK and our customers
- Work alongside the site and suppliers to develop techniques for best manufacturing practices and ensure that new techniques are suited to Weston-super-Mare manufacturing capabilities
- Proactively seek improvements by having involvement in internal and external CTO projects.
- Investigate and project manage new market opportunities and take them to market with new customers
- Provide computer-aided drawings, suitable as manufacturing instructions, derived from various sources of information
- Provide other forms of technical information and recommendations to the business
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Competitive Package available
- Company Car
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Generous contributory pension
- 25 days Annual Leave plus Public Holidays
- Local Bonus set against SMART objectives
This is an brilliant opportunity to join a forward thinking company and a really professional, effective and cohesive external sales team. We are keen to develop our people and offer career and professional opportunities so that you can progress your career. If you are interested and are target driven with outstanding communication skills then please complete the application not forgetting to upload your CV
Closing Date for Applications
Weston Super Mare