Corrugator Production Manager
Full Time / Permanent
Do you want to work for a company who...
- cares for its employees & customers in equal measure?
- is serious about sustainability & the environmental impact of its products & processes?
- can provide a long-term future & personal development for those who aspire?
If yes, then read on to find out more about the job on offer.
Corrugator Production Manager
Responsible for managing the Corrugator area of our manufacturing facility. This is a critical area of production which oversees the achievement of daily production targets; ensuring quality, productivity and safety of colleagues at all times.
Key job requirements
Key responsibilities will include:
Ensure product is manufactured to the required specifications, quality and quantity.
Oversee the daily activities of production line managers and support their personal development
Ensure production teams are supported and trained to perform their duties to a high standard
Create multi-skilled operational teams in order to provide cover for periods of colleague absence
Ensure departmental compliance to Company policies and processes related to health, safety, hygiene and quality
Coordinate with the Engineering team to ensure production equipment is fully maintained.
Work with other departmental managers to ensure smooth and effective collaboration between shifts and other departments.
Ensure raw material costs are kept to a minimum by working proactively with suppliers.
Promote a climate of continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate will:
Have the ability to engage with colleagues at all levels of the business
Be confident managing production teams of approximately X people
Have proven analytical and problem solving skills
Be comfortable managing multiple and large projects, particularly for capital investment and improving productivity
Have an excellent understanding and practical application of Lean Manufacturing principles
Be familiar with using different IT software including Microsoft and dedicated production management packages.
What's on offer...
- 25 days annual leave (plus 8 statutory) as standard
- Contributory pension scheme (plus ad hoc access to independent financial advice)
- Training & development
- Free Gym on site
- Subsidised Canteen on site
- Free on site parking
- Employee Assistance - 24/7 free & confidential support to both you and your family
- Access to on site mental health and wellbeing support
- Regular health assessments (role dependent)
- Cycle to work scheme
Who are we?
We are a market-leading manufacturer of sustainable paper-based packaging. We care deeply about the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, the communities in which we operate, and the service provided to our customers.
We have an incredibly loyal and capable workforce who we invest time in developing and encourage to reach their full potential; and you too could become a valued member of our ‘family’.
We strive to create a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and succeed. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences and welcome applications from all communities.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
To find out more about Smurfit Kappa please visit:
Youtube channel: Smurfit Kappa Group
Linkedin: Smurfit Kappa Group
Salary £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Type Full time
Closing Date for Applications