Engineering Stores Manager
The Smurfit Kappa Group plc are Europe's leading corrugated packaging company and one of the leading paper-based packaging companies in the world. An industry leader with 46,000 employees globally, 350 production sites around the world, with locations in 23 countries in Europe and 13 countries in the Americas.
People are at the heart of the organisation and we are constantly working towards creating a fully inclusive working environment where people from all backgrounds are free to be themselves and can succeed. Diversity makes sense for us, for our customers and for our future. We value different perspectives, skills and experiences, and welcome applications from all sections of our communities.
Smurfit Kappa Corrugated UK are;
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee an interview to candidates who meet our essential criteria.
- Open to considering flexible working, such as part-time hours, hybrid working and other flexible options.
- Happy to offer a wide range of Family Friendly policies including emergency time off for dependants and to provide generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave provisions for our valued colleagues.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Engineering Stores Manager to join our team at Yate.
To manage & control the engineering stores, the role will manage all aspects of SAP required for Engineering & Production including MM’s, MRP, consignment, PM & continued stock reduction & best practice for spare part sharing across the UK and communicate with Managers at all levels, Planners, suppliers, shift engineers, Technicians, & technical personnel at our SK sites.
Support the Engineering Manager to include Breakdown analysis, Focused improvement, NPD and Project integration, maintenance planning and review and provide written feedback on these activities for the morning review.
- Engineering & Production purchasing controls e.g. orders, stock and non-stock
- Ensuring best terms and conditions for pricing, suppliers.
- Organisation of stores physical and logistics.
- Stores control and security – issuing/receipts
- Maintaining SAP PM & MM accuracy
- Generating reports via SAP & Excel for engineering analysis and reporting
- Budget control
- Fork lift truck driving & maintenance checks
- To plan promote and implement projects to improve efficiency
- Co-operate with the Shift Engineers, Technicians & Operators in promoting better communications and there by greatly improving the team working environment
- Ensure all spare parts and the relevant information is kept up to date
- Support identification of critical spares requirements and optimising stock holding levels in Engineering Stores
- Proactively thinking about safety of self and others
- Adherence to Site and Legislative safety standards (Codes of practice)
- Involvement in safety and risk assessments COSSH as appropriate
- To help ensure site compliance with all Quality, Environmental Standards, Site Rules and Regulations, Code of Business Principles and Computer Usage including email and internet and Procedures
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- GCSE’s (Grades A to C) or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years in general administration including stores, stock control and accounts experience.
- Proficient in the use of SAP PM, MM and all Microsoft office
- Continuous stores experience in a Print/Corrugated/ engineering manufacturing based industry
- Broad knowledge of electro mechanical equipment, maintenance and stores principles
- Knowledge of safe working practices, Current industry standards
- Excellent communication skills and a high level of computer literacy are essential
- Requires an ordered/detailed approach.
- Stores layout organization
- Experience with dealing in export & import issues
- Understanding commodity codes in purchasing
In return our client offers:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Generous Company Pension.
- Regular health checks.
If you feel you meet the above criteria and are interested in the role please follow the company's application process which includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer that 20 minutes to complete.